Within the Talen and Residencies’ Program;
In partnership with GREC (Groupe de Recherches et d'Essais Cinématographiques) and supported by the Consulate General of France in Jerusalem, Filmlab: Palestine invites Palestinian filmmakers to apply for GREC Residency and workshop: Perfectionning the writing skills for short films.
This residency enables one Palestinian filmmaker to reside in France for 2 weeks so they can achieve the following Goals:
- Deepening the thoughts and the reflection of scenarios working immersed in a group, finding a visual writing
- Have each project followed by several professionals
- Being confronted to staging and actor direction
- Deepening cinematographic knowledge through film analysis
- Learning to speak to the technicians and to work in team
- Learn about cinema market and the professional insertion circuit
Program: 15 intensive days-120h
- Writing workshop overseen by an expert scriptwriter- 55h
- Esthetic of cinema and cinematographic culture -20h
- intervention of technicians, film directors, producers-24h
- Stage session and actor direction-16h
- Production and economy of short film-5h
- Screenings in cinemas and the partners cinematheques followed by encounters with filmmakers and other cinema professionals
- Encounters with representatives of cinema organization, broadcasters and business people.
Eligible candidates should meet the following conditions:
- A Palestinian Filmmaker (mainly aimed at directors and scriptwriters) with a background in films.
- Should be able to speak, write, read, and understand English.
How to apply:
To apply, please submit the following documents in English to [email protected] under the subject line: GREC.Scriptwriting.Residency Application (your name).
- Biography / CV (max. 2 pages)
- Applicant Info: (Name, Phone Number, E-mail, Country, Headshot/ Personal Photo, and Passport copy)
- A letter explaining why you are interested in the residency (Max. 2 pages).
- Detailed description and concept of the project you intend to work on “synopsis” (Max 2 pages).
- Examples of previous work if applicable.
The candidate will be selected by an independent Jury, and will be announced during the 6th edition of Palestine Cinema Days Festival (October 02-09, 2019).
Deadline for Submission is: September 21st 2019