Full time Job
Estimated starting date: 19.3.2019
Deadline date: 29.3.2019
Filmlab Palestine is looking for an experienced Communications Officer to create and implement communications strategies that further our goals.
- Writes and edits content for a variety of channels, including website, social media, emails, members’ e-newsletter and collateral. Maintains consistency in wording, branding and messaging across all communications to ensure Filmlab is appropriately represented - in Arabic and English.
- Schedules and writes press materials and distributes them, ensuring integration of press materials with other online communications in conjunction with Directors.
- Monitors and reports on media coverage. Provides internal coverage reports and re-shares relevant stories via social media.
- Assists Directors with development of messaging documents and updates, including releases, presentations, speeches, emails, etc.
- Obtains permissions from general partners and participants, film makers, production companies, and copyright agencies to use images for various PR and marketing purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree in art, journalism, communications or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in communications for a cultural organization.
- Strong writing and editing experience in Arabic and English, with the ability to maintain appropriate voice for different audiences and to write about films in an intelligent but accessible way.
- Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail.
- Strong collaborative skills. Able to work with multiple stakeholders to identify and tell newsworthy stories.
- Experience managing and developing content for social media channels.
- Proven experience placing targeted stories in diverse media.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with people at all levels, including the media.
- Very strong interpersonal skills to work positively and proactively across the lab in meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be available to work weekends, holidays and/or evenings as needed.
Filmlab offers a competitive salary. Our staff also enjoys generous vacation, sick leave and personal days, and a stimulating and collegial work environment.
If you are interested please send your cover letter and curriculum vitae, mentioning the job title in the subject line, to [email protected] to the attention of Hanna Atallah and Dr. Brigitte Boulad not later than 29 March 2019. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will have their application acknowledged.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will have their application acknowledged.