Within the Talen and Residencies’ Program, and for the 3rd year in a row;
Filmlab: Palestine in partnership with Medienboard Berlin invites Palestinian film professionals to apply for the Berlin Film Residency.
This residency enables one Palestinian film professional to reside in Berlin for 3 months so they can develop their project and skills and meet producers and professionals, in accordance with their profile.
The residency is organised with the cooperation and logistical assistance of NIPKOW
This residency includes:
- Travel costs (economy)
- Allowance (1,000 EUR/month)
Residency period: 3 months from September to November, 2019
Eligible candidates should meet the following conditions:
- A Palestinian Film professionals (mainly aimed at directors and scriptwriters) with a proven professional background in films
- Have been completed at least one film of a minimum of 30 min. in any genre or format.
- The completed film must have been supported by a film fund, a professionally recognized body or organisation, or have been commissioned by a broadcaster OR the film must have won local and international recognition, acclaim and prizes
How to apply:
To apply, please submit the following documents in English to [email protected] under the subject line: Berlin.Film.Residency application (your name).
- Biography / CV (max. 2 pages)
- A letter explaining why you are interested in the residency (Max. 2 pages).
- Detailed description and concept of the project you intend to work on “Treatment/ synopsis, or written presentation” (Max 5 pages).
- Examples of previous work.
The candidate will be selected by the Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg and Film Lab Palestine, and will be announced by 1st of August 2019.