24 hours per week (60 %)
Estimated starting date: 1.02.2019
Filmlab Palestine is looking for an experienced Communications Officer to create and implement communications strategies that further our goals.
- Writes and edits content for a variety of channels, including website, social media, emails, members’ e-newsletter and collateral. Maintains consistency in wording, branding and messaging across all communications to ensure Filmlab is appropriately represented - in Arabic and English.
- Schedules and writes press materials and distributes them, ensuring integration of press materials with other online communications in conjunction with Directors.
- Monitors and reports on media coverage. Provides internal coverage reports and re-shares relevant stories via social media.
- Assists Directors with development of messaging documents and updates, including releases, presentations, speeches, emails, etc.
- Obtains permissions from general partners and participants, film makers, production companies, and copyright agencies to use images for various PR and marketing purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree in art, journalism, communications or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in communications for a cultural organization.
- Strong writing and editing experience in Arabic and English, with the ability to maintain appropriate voice for different audiences and to write about films in an intelligent but accessible way.
- Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail.
- Strong collaborative skills. Able to work with multiple stakeholders to identify and tell newsworthy stories.
- Experience managing and developing content for social media channels.
- Proven experience placing targeted stories in diverse media.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with people at all levels, including the media.
- Very strong interpersonal skills to work positively and proactively across the lab in meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be available to work weekends, holidays and/or evenings as needed.
Filmlab offers a competitive salary. Our staff also enjoys generous vacation, sick leave and personal days, and a stimulating and collegial work environment.
If you are interested please send your cover letter and curriculum vitae, mentioning the job title in the subject line, to [email protected] to the attention of Hanna Atallah and Dr. Brigitte Boulad not later than 22. December, 2018. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will have their application acknowledged.